[erlang-questions] [ANN] PropEr version 1.2

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Tue Jun 14 17:49:37 CEST 2016

We are happy to announce a new tagged version of PropEr, a Quickcheck
inspired open source property based testing tool for Erlang.  The new
version is available at:

   https://github.com/manopapad/proper/releases

This is a (long overdue) release that incorporates a long list of
changes done since 2013 when the previous version was tagged,
incorporates bug fixes and extensions to its basic functionality, many
of which were sent by users.  We sincerely thank thank them all.  Please
refer to the GitHub repository to see what has changed.  However, as far
as we know all changes are backwards compatible and therefore we
recommend all users to upgrade to this tagged version.

Perhaps the most important feature of this release is that it supports a
wide range of Erlang/OTP releases.  It most probably still works on
R13B*, it is known to work correctly with OTP R15B* to 18.x.  It also
contains changes that are necessary for PropEr to also work OK on the
upcoming 19.0.  Most likely, it will be the last version to support all
these Erlang/OTP releases.

Our current plan is to start working on a 2.0 version of PropEr that
will finally provide support for maps and will therefore only work on
Erlang/OTP releases 17.x and newer.  Contact us privately, using the
contact address at the PropEr website (http://proper.softlab.ntua.gr) if
you still need support for Erlang/OTP releases prior to 17.x.

Once again, we would like to thank users and contributors to PropEr.

Enjoy!

Kostis