[erlang-questions] Pipes - systemd

Technion technion@REDACTED
Tue Jun 14 03:52:20 CEST 2016

Hi,

I've had a lot of frustrating times with this issue and wanted to mention it before anyone else does.

Specifically, my erl pipes kept getting deleted, meaning you couldn't attach, or cleanly shutdown services.

After far too long, I've tracked this to a new systemd service, and found the fix involves editing this file:

/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/tmp.conf

And telling it not to apply the default ten day lifetime on this folder:

x /tmp/erl_pipes

I'm expecting that will sort it out (although I know now I need ten days to tell).