[erlang-questions] Erlang cookies are secure

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Fri Jun 10 22:43:19 CEST 2016

I guess it's worth mentioning in the current thread that the present
architecture only supports one distributed protocol in a node at a time.
So using TLS for some nodes over Internet would require all nodes in a
cluster to use TLS, which is a waste of resources and additional latency
for nodes located in the same local network not involving Internet.

I'd love to see some progress by the OTP team in flexing this requirement,
since the patch I submitted a while back that introduced support for
distribution over multiple protocols was not accepted (*).

Serge

(*) http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-patches/2014-January/004522.html