[erlang-questions] is it possible to reuse a "-type" specification for a function in a "-spec" ?

Marco Molteni marco.molteni@REDACTED
Thu Jul 28 21:35:21 CEST 2016

> On 28 Jul 2016, at 07:25, Kostis Sagonas <kostis@REDACTED> wrote:
>
> On 07/20/2016 10:21 PM, Marco Molteni wrote:

[..]

>> I would like to write something like:
>>
>>   -spec my_cb :: decider().
>>   my_cb(X, Tree) -> ...
>>
>> Is there a way?
>
> Yes, an ugly one, using macros.
>
> I would not recommend using that option though.

Ah, I see, and I see why you don't recommend it...

> Kostis
>
> PS. Some of the duplication in your example, can be avoided in a nice way by giving names to types.  For example, you can define:
>
> -type node_rec()    :: #node{}.
> -type decider_ret() :: reject | accept | continue.
> -type decider_fun() :: fun((pos_integer(),node_rec()) -> decider_ret()).

I though of something along these lines. So this is the best that can be done, OK.

thanks for your answer!

marco.m