[erlang-questions] comparison with opensaf

Eric des Courtis Eric.desCourtis@REDACTED
Fri Jul 22 16:58:30 CEST 2016

This is a very hard question to answer because I would say OpenSAF is
rather obscure. But I can tell you that while there are some overlaps
between the two technologies particularly when it comes design patterns.
The fact that Erlang is done entirely from the ground up (language,
runtime, otp patterns etc...) specifically for high availability means that
you should in theory experience much less friction when designing this sort
of system in Erlang.

My feeling from looking at the documentation is that this isn't well
documented. In short I wouldn't consider is competition to Erlang in it's
current state for any project.