[erlang-questions] Time Granularity on Windows

Rob A'Court rob@REDACTED
Fri Jan 29 14:32:33 CET 2016

Ok, fine. Thank you!

We’ve done a bit more research and it looks like it is possible to get better granularity on Windows, but only by making a windows kernel call:
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2011-May/058940.html

From: Lukas Larsson [mailto:lukas@REDACTED]
Sent: 29 January 2016 10:33
To: Rob A'Court <rob@REDACTED>
Cc: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Time Granularity on Windows

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Rob A'Court <rob@REDACTED<mailto:rob@REDACTED>> wrote:

Is this a problem with something I am doing or with the granularity of the windows system clock?

It is a problem with the granularity of the monotonic time source on Windows.

Is there another approach I could take to get accurate (~microsecond granularity) timestamps on windows and linux?

Maybe try os:timestamp on windows? I can't remember what it falls back onto, but as it does not have any monoticity guarantees it may give better values.

Lukas