[erlang-questions] erlang:setnode/3 and sctp

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Tue Jan 26 02:46:07 CET 2016

So the reason I was figuring out SCTP in my last email was I thought
it'd be interesting to play around with creating a SCTP Erlang
distribution option.

The problem I've been stuck on and completely lost in is the use of
erlang:setnode/3 in dist_util. I discovered that do_setnode/1 in
dist_util is failing on setnode with:

{badarg,[{erlang,setnode,[bong@REDACTED,#Port<0.755>,{229373,5,'',''}],[]},
               {dist_util,do_setnode,1,
                          [{file,"src/dist_util.erl"},{line,415}]},
               {dist_util,connection,1,
                          [{file,"src/dist_util.erl"},{line,347}]}]}

The only thing I can speculate is that there is something it doesn't
like about the Port or some setup I'm missing that leads up to this call
because there are multiple places it could be throwing that badarg and
what is going on in dist.c is not clear to me aside from the very basics
:)
https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/maint/erts/emulator/beam/dist.c#L2699-L2866

If anyone has experience and knows what setnode is doing and why it
might be failing it would be much appreciated :)

The non-working code is up here https://github.com/tsloughter/sctp_dist

--
  Tristan Sloughter
  t@REDACTED