[erlang-questions] SCTP Accept

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Mon Jan 25 16:58:41 CET 2016

doh, I think you are right! I wonder if that is basically what sctp
accept does, instead of requiring the extra step?

--
Tristan Sloughter
t@REDACTED

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016, at 09:55 AM, Ferenc Holzhauser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I understand the question correctly, you could use peeloff in SCTP for spawning processes for different connections.
>
> Regards,
> Ferenc
>
> On 25 January 2016 at 16:47, Tristan Sloughter <t@REDACTED> wrote:
>> I'm basically reviving this old thread:
>> http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2009-September/046558.html

As far as I can tell an 'acccept' is necessary. It exists at the lower

level to provide a socket for communicating with the client that made

the association. Without this you can't spawn a process per client on

the server side, unless I'm missing something?

Has this simply not mattered because sctp is not supported in most cloud

networks and such, so it isn't used? Meaning it makes sense for me to

add an accept interface? Or is it actually not needed somehow and

associations can be handled in a similar way to what I described without

a new socket?

--

  Tristan Sloughter