[erlang-questions] SCTP Accept

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Mon Jan 25 16:47:17 CET 2016

I'm basically reviving this old thread:
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2009-September/046558.html

As far as I can tell an 'acccept' is necessary. It exists at the lower
level to provide a socket for communicating with the client that made
the association. Without this you can't spawn a process per client on
the server side, unless I'm missing something?

Has this simply not mattered because sctp is not supported in most cloud
networks and such, so it isn't used? Meaning it makes sense for me to
add an accept interface? Or is it actually not needed somehow and
associations can be handled in a similar way to what I described without
a new socket?

--
  Tristan Sloughter
  t@REDACTED