[erlang-questions] When does lager logs into crash.log?

Nathaniel Waisbrot nathaniel@REDACTED
Fri Jan 22 18:55:08 CET 2016

> dummy = application:get_env(myapp, test).
>
> This results in badmatch. But there is no entry in crash.log. I had
> configured another log file warning.log that gets populated with a
> one-liner but I would like to see the detailed report in crash.log.

The crash.log comes from things that use the error_logger (http://erlang.org/doc/man/error_logger.html <http://erlang.org/doc/man/error_logger.html>). Typically, this is OTP applications crashing.

Try putting that badmatch inside of a gen_server's handle_cast/3 method and you should see lager's handling (and if you disable crash logging in lager you can see what the default error_logger does with it).