[erlang-questions] Architecture question: logging inside library

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Mon Jan 11 14:07:00 CET 2016

Have a log function such as this inside your library code.

log_msg(Fmt, Args) ->
    log_msg(application:get_env(my_library, logging_mf), Fmt, Args).

log_msg({ok, {Mod, Fun}}, Fmt, Args) when is_atom(Mod), is_atom(Fun) ->
    catch apply(Mod, Fun, [Fmt, Args]);
log_msg(_, _, _) ->
    ok.

That way, the user can control how the messages get logged.

cheers,
Chandru