[erlang-questions] Towards a Mac Music machine

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Fri Jan 8 18:36:58 CET 2016

I want to make a music application on my macbook

The plan is:

    Graphics etc. in swift (so I can hit coreaudio, coremidi and graphics)
    High level Logic etc in Erlang
    Interface through sockets
    Package everything in a Mac bundle (for distribution)

I've managed to make some windows and midi things in swift

These are described here:

http://joearms.github.io/2016/01/04/fun-with-swift.html
http://joearms.github.io/2016/01/06/fun_with_swift_and_midi.html

And I have some (unpublished) code to read a midi keyboard.

To connect Swift and Erlang I'll use sockets - I found some code
at https://github.com/cezarywojcik/Swift-Server

Which I can tweak

Now I want to built a Mac bundle containing a complete Erlang system

Bundles are described here:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/CoreFoundation/Conceptual/CFBundles/BundleTypes/BundleTypes.html

I know this was done in Wings-3D - but wondered if anybody had
experience with this.

Anybody who is interested in helping please contact me off-list.

Cheers

/Joe