[erlang-questions] Weird issue with global names

zxq9 zxq9@REDACTED
Sun Jan 3 20:43:51 CET 2016

On 2016年1月3日 日曜日 18:30:10 Jon Butler wrote:
> I then run a second application on the same node that calls
> net_kernel:connect to the previous node, which returns successfully.
> However, I am not able to see the globally registered name I just setup in
> the output of global:registered_names() on this node.

There are some details about how global makes introductions among nodes that
have been added to the cluster. You're probably looking for this:

http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/global.html#sync-0

Keep playing around with it and things will make sense.

-Craig