[erlang-questions] HTTP client for OAuth

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Wed Feb 24 16:49:24 CET 2016

I'm taking time off from typing -module attributes to focus on my backlog
of other important problems...

I'm interfacing with various OAuth providers within an Erlang application
and I need a simple HTTP client. I've poked around the ecosystem and have
learned that HTTP clients are the new MySQL clients in terms of
which-one-to-freakin-use.

As I'm using this for user auth, memory and performance are considerations,
though far behind stability and actual-workingness.

(In the interest of the later, I'd traditionally wrap OS curl processes
because curl is known to actually work, but that _might_ not be feasible as
the application grows. Come to think of it, I'm going to start with a curl
wrapper and iterate by measuring, so never mind.)

I'd love to learn from the field experience of others. Is anyone really,
really happy with the HTTP client he or she is using for semi-heavy loads
like user auth?