[erlang-questions] inet:getifaddrs/0 and windows

Kenneth Lakin kennethlakin@REDACTED
Tue Feb 23 21:34:42 CET 2016

On 02/23/2016 12:12 PM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> I'm looking at the result of `inet:getifaddrs/0` and i'm not sure how to
> use the interface name "//DEVICE/...". Is this a device id? Any idea how
> i could query it using wmic?

On my machine, the GUID part of the ifname (which is formatted as
\\DEvICE\TCPIP_$GUID on my Windows 7 system) corresponds to the
interface with the that GUID in the "SettingID" property of the "wmic
nicconfig show" spew.

I've never used wmic before, so I don't know how to get the nicconfig
subcommand to only emit the information for a single interface, but
maybe you do?