[erlang-questions] Why we need a -module() attribute?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Fri Feb 19 06:10:55 CET 2016

On 19/02/16 5:58 pm, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
> Java
>> also made that filename has to match class name, that is a design
>> mistake and unnecessary requirement, to my opinion;
> Why?  A Java source file may contain MANY classes.

Clarification: my example was one where a .java file contains many
*public* classes.  Even before nested classes were introduced, a
.java file could contain any number of private classes as well as
one public class.  The key point either way was that class names
could not ALL be derived from file names.