[erlang-questions] Mnesia schema replicas

Vimal Kumar vimal7370@REDACTED
Sun Feb 7 19:52:49 CET 2016

Hello list,

Ref (Section 6.6): http://erlang.org/doc/apps/mnesia/Mnesia_chap5.html

-QUOTE-
The functions mnesia:add_table_copy/3 and mnesia:del_table_copy/2 can be
used to add and delete replicas of the schema table. Adding a node to the
list of nodes where the schema is replicated affects the following:

It allows other tables to be replicated to this node.
It causes Mnesia to try to contact the node at startup of disc-full nodes.
-END QUOTE-

I can use the functions mnesia:add_table_copy/3 and mnesia:del_table_copy/2
to add and delete replicated copies of other tables successfully, but not
table 'schema'. In fact I am not sure at what point in initialization
process of a new mnesia node should this be run. Please assist.

------
$ erl -mnesia -sname slave
Erlang/OTP 18 [erts-7.0] [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [async-threads:10]
[hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V7.0  (abort with ^G)
(slave@REDACTED)1> mnesia:start().
ok