[erlang-questions] Atom Unicode Support

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitriid@REDACTED
Thu Feb 4 12:26:19 CET 2016

> It has to be admitted that Unicode is appallingly complex, and that some
> things
> have crept into it (like language tags) which are now strongly deprecated.
> Let me change a word: s/appallingly/terrifyingly/.  *Full* support of
> *everything*
> in this dauntingly large and still growing standard may never come in my
> lifetime.  That doesn't mean we shouldn't do *anything*.

I'd argue for inclusion of ICU in Erlang (probably adopting or pulling in
https://github.com/erlang-unicode/i18n and
https://github.com/erlang-unicode/ux). There was a hint of such a
possibility at one of previous EUC's

Because it looks like ICU is the only library out there (anywhere) that
keeps up with Unicode.