[erlang-questions] Atom Unicode Support

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Wed Feb 3 13:52:44 CET 2016

Ok, ok, maybe I'm wrong and it is ok to have isolated pieces of code that
is impossible to edit by foreign programmer.

Problem in UTF8 is not only in nice hieroglyphs, but also in 20 different
dash-like symbols and about 8 different spaces.

This is one single atom:    my package
It is not 2 words, it is a single word that has non-breakable space inside
it. Good luck for debugging =)

Of course you may say me: hire programmer that makes such things. Ok, no
problems. But what to do with copy-paste from skype/slack, where such
symbols are translated into nice utf8 automatically?

It is very good that we all have about 80-90 symbols to write code that
other people understand, but I really don't understand what is the profit
of adding ability to make code non-understandable by people from other
cultures.