[erlang-questions] simple_one_for_one supervisor: strange error when stopping node

Alex S. alex0player@REDACTED
Wed Dec 21 18:55:08 CET 2016

No problem, I ran into much the same issue some time ago. The synchronous shutdown is present since at least OTP 16, I think, either way, OTP 17 has it too.

Good luck with your search! You don’t get automatic linking by starting using the supervisor, the child process is supposed to link. If you’re using gen_server start_link or proc_lib start_link, or indeed bare spawn_link, it is done, on start. Otherwise, no dice.