[erlang-questions] Erlang for an audio streaming server project?

Edgar H kaotixpro@REDACTED
Tue Dec 6 01:42:14 CET 2016

Thanks a lot for the replies guys, really appreciate it!

>From what you've told me so far I think have the following options...

1) Stream into Icecast directly from Java and forget about Erlang (I
wouldn't want to take this one - It isn't challenging and won't learn
anything new, but would get the job done).
2) Send raw data from Java to the mini-audio-streaming-server coded by me
(or an existing HTTP server like cowboy) which implements an encoder
developed by me or can I blindly send the data pre-encoded from Java using
ffmpeg without checking which format is it? (If I know for sure the kind of
content I'm streaming, should I just bother about the MIME-types?).
3) (If I understood Max's reply correctly) Develop the codecs I need in
Erlang and then work with them to encode the raw data and stream it. At
this point, with my current knowledge in codecs (null) and time for the
project, it seems like an impossible goal to reach for me...

Eric, the codecs I need are mainly mp3 and vorbis.