[erlang-questions] How to enhance runtime and reduce memory usage

Mohamed Khalfella khalfella@REDACTED
Thu Dec 1 13:40:46 CET 2016

Hi Bengt,

Thanks for the link. I am reading that page now. I fixed the code. It
passes the test now. However, I just guessed it. Next time I have to be
lucky to guess it again, or better find a systematic way to understand CPU
and memory consumption of erlang programs. Below is a link for the
corrected code.

http://pastebin.com/2h2iF32A

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 7:16 AM, Bengt Kleberg <bengt.kleberg@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> For finding CPU time consumption you can start here:
> http://erlang.org/doc/efficiency_guide/profiling.html
>

> bengt
>

> On 12/01/2016 12:31 PM, Mohamed Khalfella wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Erlang. I was solving one of the exercises in hackerrank.com
> and I faced an issue where my solution is terminated because it takes long
> to process the test case. Attached to this email the problem definition.
> You can access my solution as below. My questions are:
>
> How to pin point code that excessively eats memory?
> How to pin point code that consumes CPU time?
>
> http://pastebin.com/NaeHihYx
>
> --
> BR,
> Mohamed A. Khalfella