[erlang-questions] Why do "interface to language X" projects all seem to die out?

Daniel Goertzen daniel.goertzen@REDACTED
Wed Aug 31 20:57:24 CEST 2016

I think you are correct that these solutions are rarely needed.  As author
of NIFPP I see very little traffic at
https://github.com/goertzenator/nifpp which
gives me the impression that few people use it.

Also there are multiple paths to integration (ports vs c-node vs NIFs) so
this maybe creates fragmentation and further reduces traction for any one
project.  The EPI project you pointed out deals with EI which is completely
orthogonal to NIFPP.

And another reason is tooling.  Do I need to jury rig a weird build system
to make this thing go, or will it just work with rebar/erlang.mk?  If it's
too much hassle to use, then I'll just skip it.  This is an area I've been
trying to improve for Rust (https://github.com/goertzenator/rust.mk)