[erlang-questions] Why do "interface to language X" projects all seem to die out?
Wed Aug 31 16:18:06 CEST 2016
Pretty much all of the "not built in to OTP" ways to connect to other
languages seem to have died, i.e.
- EPI (C++). Last commit 2009.
- py_interface (Python). Last commit 2014. Freshest of the lot.
- edtk (C). Last release 2007.
- dryverl (C). Last release 2008.
- erlua (Lua). Project page dead. Author's email is dead.
- erlualib (last commit 2010). Github-linked company page dead.
Can anyone offer some experiences or ideas why?
Could it be that these types of solutions are rarely needed? Maybe
NIFs are unbeatable for the "narrow interface, no state, high
performance" cases and port programs with hand-rolled interfaces most
of the rest.
More information about the erlang-questions