[erlang-questions] Erlang Eddie -- son of?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Wed Aug 24 15:16:24 CEST 2016

On 22. August 2016, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> > I just ran across The Eddie Mission. It promises much of great potential value but appears to be dead as a dodo.
>
> According to https://sourceforge.net/projects/eddie/,
> the last update was in March 2013.
> That's not "undergoing rapid development", but it's not
> quite "dead as a dodo" either.

The Wikipedia page about Elvis Presley says it was last updated a week ago,
so if that's good enough to claim "not dead", then, well, you're not alone.

All the evidence points to Eddie being dead:

  - The most recent release of eddie on sourceforge is from 15 years ago
  - The bug tracker has two bugs in total. Neither of which are recent.
  - The patch tracker has two trivial patches in total. From 2007.
  - Nothing's been committed to CVS for more than a decade.
  - One of the most recent CVS commit logs talks about Erlang R9B-1.

Matt