[erlang-questions] A project to replace build system with CMake

ok@REDACTED ok@REDACTED
Tue Aug 16 22:34:33 CEST 2016

"Dmytro Lytovchenko" <dmytro.lytovchenko@REDACTED>
wrote about a project to build Erlang using cmake.
He missed a couple of Cons:
- not tested on Solaris, any flavour of OSX, or OpenBSD or NetBSD.
  So it's no use to me.
- requires cmake
  For some systems I use, this would mean having to install cmake.
  For others, having to reinstall.
  For all, having to use a system I've had bad experiences with.

I wonder whether some of the Pro points could not be achieved
using the existing infrastructure?

What is the problem with C99/C11 under Cygwin?
GCC 4.9.2 was running under Cygwin about 2 years ago,
and that handled C99/C11 just fine (I thought)
and even supported some C++14 features.