[erlang-questions] The way to backup mnesia data daily

Yang Zhenguo yangzhenguo@REDACTED
Mon Aug 1 15:47:13 CEST 2016

Thanks James.

Anothernode is the previous node name. Sorry for the "bad" name.

Looks like I can restore it successfully without changing node name
process. What I missed is that creating the tables in the new node.

> I've followed those instructions before with success. I think you need to
> give more to go on - is 'web_server@REDACTED' the new node name? When
> you look at the node's name (eg, as shown in mnesia:info/0) what do you see?
>
> I would add that you should look at what your box is doing when you run
> backups. Depending on what sort of data you have stored, it could use a lot
> of resources and make the box sluggish or even cause a kernel panic.
>
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Yang Zhenguo <yangzhenguo@REDACTED>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> Any suggestion on it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Zhenguo

>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> Having a question about mnesia backup.
>>>
>>> We have an application running based on Erlang Cowboy and Mnesia. I am
>>> wondering to know what is a good way to backup mnesia data daily, since we
>>> only have one node.
>>>
>>> I followed the steps here
>>>
>>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/463400/how-to-rename-the-node-running-a-mnesia-database
>>>
>>> But got the errors below:
>>>
>>> {aborted,{'EXIT',{aborted,{bad_commit,{missing_lock,'web_server@REDACTED
>>> '}}}}‌​}
>>>
>>> The reason I want to change node name is in case I deploy it in another
>>> machine with different ip address.
>>>
>>> May I have your suggestion? Many thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Zhenguo Yang
>>> www.prinbit.com
>>>

>> --