[erlang-questions] NIF Callback Pids

Theepan vasdeveloper@REDACTED
Tue Sep 29 19:36:47 CEST 2015

NIF provides for implementing 'functions with header in Erlang, and body in
C'. This improves performance significantly against Port Drivers.

I am not sure why you wanted to send messages to a NIF. NIFs are not
processes or ports, that you can send a message to. Only function arguments
are passed from Erlang to C.

Also, NIFs are most suitable for synchronous returns.

Theepan