[erlang-questions] distinguish proplists vs. lists of proplists

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Wed Sep 23 04:13:51 CEST 2015

On 18/09/2015, at 8:57 pm, Richard Carlsson <carlsson.richard@REDACTED> wrote:

[some very helpful background about proplists]

I for one would find it useful if information like that
were present in the module manuals.  For example, it had
seemed perfectly obvious to me that if I was looking for
'x' and a proplist contained {'x',1,"too"} I should get
the answer 1.  My reaction to _not_ getting that was
unwillingness to use proplists because the interface was
too confusing.  With the background in the manual, it would
not have been confusing any more.