[erlang-questions] segfault erts-5.10.4 (R16B03-1)

Lukas Larsson garazdawi@REDACTED
Tue Sep 8 16:45:58 CEST 2015

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Ahmed Omar <spawn.think@REDACTED> wrote:

> Ok. I guess etp-ports require a live session then?
> (gdb) etp-ports
> No ports, since system isn't initialised!
>

> Is there a way to get port or process number from the information I got
> from bt ?
> #2  0x0000000000442fa6 in mbc_realloc (allctr=0x7fe0848807a8, p=0x11f,
>     size=<optimized out>, busy_pcrr_pp=0x8, alcu_flgs=0)

All etp macros work on both core files a live nodes. The only time I've
seen that error from etp-ports is when the VM crashed before the internal
ports array was initialized.

I'm starting to suspect that there is something wrong with your debugging
session. The stack trace that you have printed is corrupt, and it cannot
find a working port table. Make extra sure that you are using the same
beam.smp to run your gdb session from as generated the core.

Since the stack is corrupt it is not possible to know what called into the
realloc from the stack trace.

Lukas