[erlang-questions] JSON for STDLIB

Sean Cribbs seancribbs@REDACTED
Mon Sep 7 18:10:25 CEST 2015

zip is used in reltool for making compressed code archives. gzip is used in
a number of places, including term_to_binary with compression. I think the

I think the proper path for JSON into the standard library is the way many
other language communities have done it. Let competing implementations
start as a third-party libraries, and then if (and only if) there is enough
momentum and pressure around a single candidate take steps to include it.
The main challenge I see for any of this happening with Erlang/OTP is that
getting patches accepted is difficult enough already, and every one of the
existing JSON libraries uses a slightly different style. It's probably best
as third party library.