[erlang-questions] Processes stuck in ets:select_trap

Mon Oct 26 12:50:16 CET 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 4:06 AM, ANTHONY MOLINARO <
anthonym@REDACTED> wrote:

> When they are backed up I’ve noticed they seem to be running but the
> current function is gets:select_trap and they appear to be stuck in that
> function.

The select_trap function is a (fake) function used to "break up" a long
running select so you don't end up monopolizing a scheduler. So this just
means you have a select which takes a long time to run, presumably because
it is running a full-table-scan.

--
J.