[erlang-questions] Can I do the same with a fold easily

PAILLEAU Eric eric.pailleau@REDACTED
Mon Oct 19 23:41:21 CEST 2015

Hi,
by doing some testing, strangely using (X rem 2 ) =:= 1  is almost
always better than X band 1 =:= 1. On my machine at least.

-module(odd_even).

-export([go/0]).

go() ->   List = lists:seq(1, 1000) ,
           T1 = erlang:timestamp(),
           lists:partition(fun (X) -> (X rem 2 ) =:= 1 end, List),
           io:format("~p
microseconds~n",[timer:now_diff(erlang:timestamp(), T1)]),

           T3 = erlang:timestamp(),
           lists:partition(fun (X) -> X band 1 =:= 1 end, List),
           io:format("~p
microseconds~n",[timer:now_diff(erlang:timestamp(), T3)]).