[erlang-questions] Exometer, Recon and prim_inet:send/2?

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Mon Oct 12 13:19:01 CEST 2015

> On 12 Oct 2015, at 11:08, Roberto Ostinelli <roberto@REDACTED> wrote:
>
> Therefore, my questions is: Is exometer_core performing some local cache, i.e. if it's unable to send data it will retry? And if so, is this cache limited? Otherwise I don't see what could be causing the queue lenght of exometer_report_graphite to grow. But if this is so, then why am I seeing a hole in data?

No, exometer_report does no such thing, and neither does exometer_report_graphite (is that the one you’re using?)

If a cache would be added, it would need to be in the graphite reporter. That is, it could well be a core library function, but the caching would need to be done by the reporter instance.

In the case you’re describing, 8 hours of data could end up being quite a lot, so depending on your workload, spooling to disk might be required.

BR,
Ulf

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com