[erlang-questions] where it's the best way to store a very big term object shared between processes

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Mon Nov 23 12:06:06 CET 2015

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 1:58 PM Jesper Louis Andersen <
jesper.louis.andersen@REDACTED> wrote:

> A shot to try is to use a map instead. A trie should compress better on
> paper, but I'm not sure the overhead in Erlang makes it competitive with
> just shoving everything into a map (on 18.x), which uses a HAMT.

I am not sure to understand the solution. Do you mean copying the map to
different processes? What would be a good default number of processes then
o start to copy the data? (/me is thinking N = number of cpus but...)

Related to that I am wondering what `read_concurrency` means internally?

- benoit