[erlang-questions] Patch Package OTP 18.1.4 Released

Johannes Weißl jargon@REDACTED
Sun Nov 15 10:01:49 CET 2015

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 11:27AM +0100, Zandra Hird wrote:
>   OTP-13061    Application(s): inets
>
>                Improved error handling and gracfully termination when
>                an invalid chunked length header is encountered.

This introduced an incompatible change which breaks a part of our
application: Prior to this the HTTP client could parse server responses
that have whitespace after the chunk size (some embedded legacy devices
still do this), after OTP-13061 the HTTP handler crashes with
"bad_return_value".

I think this did not happen on purpose, it was just a side effect of
replacing the custom hexlist_to_integer/1 with list_to_integer/2.

I opened two pull requests that fix the problem for us:
- https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/894
- https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/895

Regards,
Johannes