[erlang-questions] hwo to execute a text editor

semmit mondo semmitmondo@REDACTED
Sat Nov 14 22:39:36 CET 2015

Hi, I work on a command line tool (powered by escript) that needs to launch atext editor (vim for instance) at a certain point.  I tried to do something like       os:cmd('vim xxx'). It works almost fine, except that vim isn't connected to the terminal whileit's running.  Insted, vim is connected to the erlang process, and I cannotsee anything in the terminal window and cannot quit vim with ":q", or anyother keys, because keypresses are not sent to the proper process. How can I start a process and allow it to have control over the terminaland ask the VM to wait until the subprocess terminates? S.