[erlang-questions] speed of neotoma parser

Sean Cribbs seancribbs@REDACTED
Fri Nov 13 15:02:53 CET 2015

Max,

Do you have a link to your grammar? I can probably poke at it and give you
some tips.

However, I am well aware of performance problems with neotoma -- with large
grammars or large inputs it drags. Yes, there are general problems for PEGs
in Erlang, but its current implementation is particularly naive and
wasteful. I'm working on a rewrite, but it's a complete overhaul (and more
faithful to the thesis and reference implementation "Pappy"). Since it's
not core to my day-job, I've only been able to work on the rewrite
occasionally in my free time.