[erlang-questions] What is the best way to test rpm installed Erlang? (smoke test)

Bing Li bingli01@REDACTED
Fri May 29 17:35:56 CEST 2015

Hi Tuncer,

Thanks for your quick response.

There's a only rpm erlang installed.

For the source code erlang (also 17.5),I didn't run "make install" after
built. Only set ERL_TOP to build and run test cases.

I unset ERL_TOP when I ran test cases on rpm erlang. I was
using /usr/bin/erl which in $PATH.

> rpm -qf /usr/bin/erl
erlang-17.5-12.1

I'm not sure if it' ok that the test cases were built from source code
(make release_tests) not from rpm. Both are 17.5 though.

Thanks,

--
Bing Li
Linux on z Systems Open-source Ecosystem