[erlang-questions] HEART

Éric Pailleau eric.pailleau@REDACTED
Mon May 11 22:11:38 CEST 2015

Hi Roberto,

Good question. Heart was probably initially used for embedded systems.
Monitoring your node is not that much easy,
Because no pid file is created out of the box. It ends by using a wrapper that create a pidfile.
Heart is also needful for hot upgrades when reboot of emulator is necessary.
Mho,  you should set the HEART_command to your starter script in order to create another pidfile on reboot. See heart module documentation.
Regards