[erlang-questions] can i tell what version or erlang a .beam was compiled with?

Garry Hodgson garry@REDACTED
Fri May 8 19:41:54 CEST 2015

since we've upgraded from r15 to r17.4 we have been
having problems with existing code that either crashes,
or runs for hours then suddenly doubles memory consumption
until oom-killer kills it. in either case we see no crash dump
to mine for clues.

one possibility could be that we've overlooked some modules
in the system that may still be running r15 code. i would have
expected that erlang would balk at that, but i don't know that
for sure. is there any way i can determine from a .beam file
what version of erlang was used to compile it? or, for that
matter, any other way to rule out or confirm this possibility?

we're kind of grasping at straws here.

thanks

--
Garry Hodgson
Lead Member of Technical Staff

"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are AT&T property, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited."