[erlang-questions] fd=NN is larger than the largest allowed fd=255

Lukas Larsson garazdawi@REDACTED
Tue Mar 17 21:42:06 CET 2015

Hello,

I believe that that limitation is determined by this piece of code:
https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/maint/erts/emulator/sys/common/erl_poll.c#L2308-L2320

So you have to figure what is defined on Android and check that. Basho has
a guide which tells you some of the more common places to look for what
could be causing this limit:
http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/tuning/open-files-limit/.

I would first check sysconf and make sure that you are allowed to open as
many fd's as you want.

Lukas