[erlang-questions] Announcing Erlang.org Code of Conduct

Miles Fidelman mfidelman@REDACTED
Tue Mar 17 14:52:57 CET 2015

Joe Armstrong wrote:
> My Mother, was brought up by her Grandmother, this was because her
> Mother died of the Spanish Flu when she was little.
>
> My Gradmother swore by Lady Hartley's "Ladies book of Etiquette and
> Manual of Politness" (1875) and my Mother often used to quote from it
> at length when I was a child.
>
> Lady Hartley's rules occupied 356 pages - and there is no way they
> could be summarized as "be nice."

Then again, as Rabbi Hillel famously said “That which is hateful to you,
do not unto another: This is the whole Torah. The rest is commentary"

(of course the quote concludes with  — [and now] go study.”)

Miles Fidelman