[erlang-questions] Fwd: Announcing Erlang.org Code of Conduct

PAILLEAU Eric eric.pailleau@REDACTED
Mon Mar 16 23:52:29 CET 2015

Le 16/03/2015 14:46, Anthony Ramine a écrit :
> Le 16 mars 2015 à 14:34, Gordon Guthrie <gguthrie@REDACTED> a écrit :
>
>> I asked them.
>
> What about making sure no pervert look at them wrongly instead of scrapping the t-shirt? That was the best part of LuvvieScript after all. I don't want to live in a world where we must remove all things that might make people feel awkward or harassed by third parties instead of actually fixing the mentalities of these third parties.

Agree with you Anthony , but we are living in a country where
relationship between men and women are probably less gladiatorial .
A subtle blend of courtesy, courtship and mistrust, where a man and a
woman can be alone in a room with door closed.

Women have breasts ? so what ? Do they have to remove their breast in
order to save the T-shirt industry ? No, for sure.
Women we meet in the street everyday are feminist AND disappointed if
men do not have a short stare to them . Complicated, as life is.

it is only a question of respect.
binge drinking is probably a bad habit that comes here too, the main
problem MHO.

Harasser ? there are laws against them. The Code of Conduct have to to
mention that harassers will be criminally prosecuted by event
organizers, even if the harassed woman won't prosecute.

The "Code of Conduct" cannot replace local laws, but only regulate what
is not forbidden.

CoC for a mailing list is more complicated because there is no real law
on Internet.

"Be nice" is probably the most reasonable statement.

"Be lenient" is the second, in particular to my pathetic jokes... :)

Regards