[erlang-questions] pgapp for Postgres

David Welton davidnwelton@REDACTED
Tue Mar 10 12:25:24 CET 2015

Hi,

I thought I'd mention a small project I've put together on top of the
epgsql Postgres driver:

https://github.com/epgsql/pgapp

The idea is to have something a bit higher-level rather than require
everyone to eventually put the same thing - or something like it -
together themselves.

I would not consider it production-ready just yet, but it's worth a
look if you want to get up to speed interacting with Postgres in a
hurry.

One thing I would be happy to do is replace poolboy with something
with a bit more intelligence: for instance the ability to relinquish
extra connections a bit at a time, rather all at once.  Say you set it
to run with 5 PG workers normally, but specify an 'overflow capacity'
of 10.  If you go over 5 and hit 10, it should only relinquish those
over some period of time, rather that all at once, to avoid churn.

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/

http://www.dedasys.com/