[erlang-questions] Issues with clustering Mnesia running on different erlang versions?

Ryan Brown ryankbrown@REDACTED
Tue Mar 3 18:33:54 CET 2015

Hello,

I am in the process of preparing a deployment of my erlang application that
will include an upgrade from R15B01 to R16B. Currently all of our nodes are
sharing clustered mnesia for the very little state information we keep. As
part of our deployment process we need to take servers out of rotation,
upgrade them, then start them and put them back in. Rolling through the
cluster.

This has never been an issue in the past. However, there is some concern in
the group that there may be some issues this time as we are upgrading
versions of erlang. Looking at the release notes, nothing stands-out to me.
However, I thought I would reach-out to the community to see what
experiences others have had with this and also see if there are any
established best practices. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Best,

Ryan