[erlang-questions] Is supervisor notified when child is restarted?

Martin Koroudjiev mrtndimitrov@REDACTED
Tue Jul 28 17:03:22 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am wondering how can I get notified when a child process is restarted?
Imagine this simple scenario - supervisor with one_for_one strategy and
3 gen_servers as workers. Each in its state has the PIDs of the other 2
and sends them messages. Now if one child gets restarted, the other 2
will have the old PID. How can I notify them?

I can't restart the whole supervision tree because the number of child
processes is buried deep in the initialization logic of the application.

Regards,
Martin