[erlang-questions] riak client best practices
Mon Jul 27 17:27:44 CEST 2015
I wonder if there are any best practices on using Riak cluster from Erlang
services, such as Cowboy web services.
- use riakc protobuf client or join services and Riak ring in a common
erlang cluster with the same cookie?
- open a new connection from riakc to Riak node on each hit or keep a
connection pool? I suppose it should be the pool as sockets are finite.
- on every request connect to a random Riak node from the ring? Or use
dedicated Riak nodes for each service instance, if there are many?
- what to do with the new nodes which are joining the ring and the ones
which are removed from the ring? What is the more or less standard way to
notify clients about this?
- what to do in a client if a Riak node temporarily goes offline? Keep
trying to connect to such node until it gets online again? This would
obviously hit latency unless there's a special dedicated process for this.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the erlang-questions