[erlang-questions] running trace (or similar)

Ben Hsu benhsu@REDACTED
Sat Jul 18 23:44:27 CEST 2015

Hello

I am learning erlang by playing with a small webapp. The webapp is written
in Cowboy with erlang.mk

"make" creates a binary in _rel and I can use this binary to start a
console.

./_rel/fiar/bin/fiar console

I would like to debug this app using something like dbg:trace. dbg:trace
doesn't work from the console, but dbg:tracer doesnt seem to work:

(fiar@REDACTED)1> dbg:tracer().
** exception error: undefined function dbg:tracer/0

1: how can I make dbg:tracer() work?

2: are there any other tools to look into the running app? What do you
recommend?

Thank you for helping me learn Erlang

[1] In case you're wondering, its FIAR : https://github.com/inaka/fiar