[erlang-questions] Why application:start can not accept any args?

Nuku Ameyibor nayibor@REDACTED
Mon Jul 13 12:39:34 CEST 2015

u can add environmental variables for your application in  your .app file  .
there is a tuple with a key env which u can use to add environmental
variables to your application which you can then access from your
application
eg .
{application, test,
 [{vsn, "1.0.0"},
  {description, "testing"},
  {modules, [test, test_sup,test_start]},
  {applications, [stdlib, kernel, crypto]},
  {registered, [test,test_sup]},
  {mod, {test, []}},
  {env,
[
{env1,b},
{env2,a},
{env3,c}
]
}
 ]}.

you can access them like so
{ok, Env} = application:get_env(env1), etc..

there is also a set_env/3 ,set_env/4 which can be used to change
environmental variables during run-time